When it comes to finance, retirement and investing Dave Ramsey is the ‘Man’ that teaches us how winning at money is all mental energy and very little knowledge. I feel like I can relate this well as it is very similar to health and wellness: Your body is the result of 80 percent mental (do/take action) and 20 percent knowledge. It doesn’t take unlimited knowledge to make time for stress reduction activities, healthy foods, rest and exercise.
I love how, in Dave Ramsey’s book, Total Money Makeover he talks about how winning at money is 80 percent mental and 20 percent is head knowledge. Most of us know what to do, but we just don’t do it!
“If I can control the guy in the mirror, I can be skinny and rich.” Dave Ramsey
- Have a goal (rid any debt- student loans, car, house)
- Find Support (those that have done what you want to do)
- Set Alarms (set up limits in spending on only things that help you grow)
- Take Action and have fun! Be in control of your spending and life.
Fitness and wellness are very similar:
- Dream up your goals (break them down backwards starting with 10 years from now…or even 1 year from now)
- Find a support group, coach or environment that keeps you revving on high rpm’s on what you want to accomplish
- Set alarms/reminders in your schedule to make time
- Take action and have fun!
I find that if you surround myself with people like Dave Ramsey and read the works of those successful people, then I have no excuse but to succeed. I have to make note of my goals, find a support group and follow through because there is no other way to do well.