Listen in on our exciting interview that I have with Brian as we talk about what motivates him everyday, how to incorporate a healthier lifestyle and what YOU can do TODAY to stay in shape!
In the Podcast we will feature 3 topics:
- Interview with our member of the month- Brian Kluender
- Nutrition Tip of the Month!
- Exercise Tip of the Month!
Member of the Month Interview Questions:
- How long have you been working out with Corey/Digman Fitness?
I started with Corey in September 2015 and have already noticed a difference in my strength and mobility in just the 2 months of working out here.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy running, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family. I am also involved in the planning of 2 summer camps for kids who have been diagnosed with cancer and their families. (I am a childhood survivor myself).
- What are some things you enjoy about training at Digman Fitness/favorite routine?
I really enjoy the supportive and welcoming workout environment at Digman Fitness. I am also impressed with how each workout is well organized, even at 5am! I really look forward to the daily and monthly challenges to track how I have progressed.
- What are some of your short/long term goals? This can either be fitness related or not.
My main fitness goal is to get myself into shape to run the Chicago Marathon in October 2016 (my first) for one of my camps.
- If you were to recommend a friend or promote Digman Fitness, how would you describe your experience to them?
Corey has a wealth of fitness knowledge and is very sincere in helping his clients successfully reach their fitness goals. He keeps his workouts light and enjoyable while still giving you that push to do more than you thought you could ever do. Corey is very genuine in what he does and really makes an effort get to know his clients as people.
Nutrition Tip of the Month:
In this episode we talk about the importance of overall nutrition for a balanced and healthy lifestyle. There are a few main components that I follow:
- Plenty of Water (This may seem obvious but it is often overlooked)
- Great breakfast to start the day (especially important on workout days/high activity)
- Balanced nutrients throughout the day/week (This is especially important for those with high stress jobs, intense workouts and individuals with specific conditions)
- Post-Workout Nutrition (Great balance for absorption following an exercise routine)
Exercise Tip of the Month:
Exercise is vital for increased longevity and function throughout our lives. It is especially important to become specific to your routine to stay injury-free. Below are a few tips about how to stay injury free:
- Foam Rolling as an important factor in recovery
- Some of the best tips for incorporating foam rolling into your routine (High stress areas of the calves, quads and upper back)
- What foam rolling can be an important part of your lifestyle (Removing muscle tension, increasing blood flow, promoting recovery from hard workouts)